If you are a business or a brand owner, then you are already aware of how the pandemic is influencing consumer behavior. Right now, the consumer is trying to save up every last penny, and isn’t too thrilled at the idea of having to spend. But, they are active online, and they are constantly interacting with your ads, e-mails and other communications. They are doing so as visitors, and not as customers. They are only clicking and viewing, and not doing much else.
If this is the concern that you are facing, then you are not alone. Almost every other marketer out there is facing the same problem. But, the good news is: You can use digital retargeting strategies to build trust (and trust is imperative in times like these) to convert your visitors to know more. Read on to know more!
Why Is Re-Targeting Important? How Can It Help You To Get More Visitors?
According to research, only 2% of website visitors convert during the initial visit. This is where re-targeting comes in. Not only does it put your brand in the front of your consumer’s mind; it also helps you reach out to 98% of website visitors, who left the site before completing the transaction. So, if your goal is to convert visitors into customers, re-targeting can turn out to be an extremely useful tool.
- PPC re-targeting may lead to higher click-through rates: The click-through rate for retargeting ads is way higher than the click-through rate of regular display ads. Re-targeting ads have a CTR rate of 0.7%, which is at least 10 times higher than that of normal ads. And, the end result tends to get even better and far more lucrative if you have a well-defined mobile re-targeting strategy in place.
- Re-targeting ads lead to higher conversion rates: As per the studies conducted in the past, re-targeting has a tremendous impact on e-commerce customer service businesses and financial service businesses. In fact, re-targeting your PPC ads may increase the chances of visitors converting into buyers my 70%
- Remarketing e-mails are important: When it comes to re-marketing via e-mailers, timing is the key. Sending e-mailers visitors who added items to their cart but left without purchasing seems to have a conversion rate of 25%. Reports also show that customers like receiving e-mail alerts about products going on sale.
Tips and Tricks to Do Re-targeting the Right Way:
- Segment your audience well- Retargeting is not about sending random messages to the visitors in order to get them to convert. Nor is it about sending same messages to different sets of audience with different needs and interests. For re-target to fetch results, you must create retargeting ads based on consumer demographics, geography and contextual attributes.
- Don’t bombard your visitors- More is not always better when it comes to re-targeting. Surely, you don’t want to overwhelm them by bombarding them with ads from your brand or company. Instead, for best results, show your ads to your visitors not more than 2-3 times a day.
- Don’t be indiscriminate about re-targeting ads- Know when to stop. Especially, when your visitors have already converted. Do not indiscriminately re-target them or re-market too them. That way, you will not only run the risk of overwhelming and annoying a customer but also lose precious money on wasted impressions.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed everything: from the online behavior of customers to their buying patterns. Acquiring a new customer in the post-pandemic world may be far more challenging than it used to be. We can’t be doing the same things as before and except different results. The time has come to change the way we look at digital marketing. You should keep up with the times, and change your approach to strategies for converting visitors into customers.
Are you looking for digital marketing strategies that will help you survive the pandemic and acquire more customers? Get in touch with our experts today! Write to us at email@example.com or call us at 91 22 2368 2245/8998.